- Does Rainbow PDF uses printer sub system and hence the spool?
- Is MS Office installation in the server a must for the conversion of MS Office documents to PDF?
- Does the bandwidth i.e. the performance of Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter increase if the hardware of the server is upgraded?
- Does Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter run as a service?
- I tried to convert a PDF document and it throws error saying “Server was unable to process request. —> PDF output error. (3334) Restricted PDF can't be imported”
- Does any version of Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter supports 64 bit Windows environment?
- What is the conversion speed of Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter?
- Can Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter add a Watermark to my PDF?
- How do I place an order for Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter?
- Do you provide programming samples?
No, Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter (OSDC) is not a printer driver. OSDC does not use the printer spool for
converting documents, however you could send the result of the conversion directly to a printer connected to
the system, in which case the output of OSDC would be added to the spool.
Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter uses our own independent rendering engine for converting MS Office
documents. We do not rely on MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, or any other third party tools for the rendering or
Yes, OSDC is a very CPU intensive application. In our internal testing we have found that for most documents
the performance scales linearly with the speed of the processor. It is important to note that OSDC is
single-threaded, so for a single conversion the speed of each processor core is more important than the
number of cores. However, OSDC is thread-safe, so you could improve the throughput for multiple documents by
running multiple instances of OSDC on a multi-processor or multi-core system.
OSDC can be run as a command-line utility or called through one of the programming APIs. It does not run as a
service, but it could be developed into a service. (We do have customers who use it as a service.)
I tried to convert a PDF document and it throws error saying “Server was unable to process request. —> PDF output error. (3334) Restricted PDF can't be imported”, but another PDF document got converted. Could you please explain the root cause of the error ?
All Rainbow PDF products are designed to honor the security features present in the input documents.
Encrypted or password-protected PDFs or Word documents will not be automatically converted. The encryption
or password-protection must first be removed from the input document.
Yes, OSDC supports 64 bit for both Windows and Linux operating systems.
Exact rates are difficult to predict. It depends on the complexity of the document. Additionally, the type of environment in which our software operates can greatly affect conversion speeds. That being said ….the time it takes to convert a page is generally less than a second.
However, we always recommend evaluating our software using your own documents, in your own environment to accurately predict conversion times.
The Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter program does not have a feature to add watermarks.
Yes. In the Windows and Linux versions, samples can be found in the program directories. Windows users: “C:\Program Files\Antenna\ServerBasedConverter\samples\”