Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter (OSDC), formerly named Server Based Converter, offers more conversion options than the standard Office Server Document Converter. CGM is included as an input and INX, XPS and SWF (Flash) are new outputs.
OSDC is in production with several large corporations converting an average of 10 pages/second*. Whether your company is large or growing OSDC can meet all your conversion needs. OSDC is also thread safe allowing concurrent access to the software and includes APIs for Java, .NET, COM, Command-line & C/C++. All conversions are performed without the need for MS Office or Adobe software installation.
With the newest release of Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter V6.1, we now support Microsoft Office 2016 conversions. It also supports bidirectional text (BIDI) and will correctly display right-to-left scripts such as Arabic or Hebrew. The MS Word conversion engine in V6.1 has been completely rewritten to ensure high-fidelity while maintaining the integrity of the original document when converting to PDF.
Note: SBC V6.0MR3 & OSDC V6.1 are the same for download purposes.
* Conversion of MS Office documents to PDF on a server
* No need for installation of MS Office or Adobe Software
* Fast, high volume Conversions
* Unlimited number of users, unlimited conversions per server
* Conversion of documents to JPEG/PNG
* Conversion of images and text to PDF, SVG, JPEG/TIFF/PNG
* Conversion of PDF and MS Office documents to Adobe Flash format
* Accepts CGM input
* Able to output XPS and INX files
* Easy System Integration
* Available for Windows and Linux
* Wide Range of Conversion Capabilities
Conversion to PDF
* Generates a PDF file without requiring Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Office on your server
* Supports Adobe Acrobat versions 1.3 through 1.7
* A master password can be set to limit changes to the document
* You can use the same password as your Adobe Acrobat
* The font used in the original MS document can be embedded into the PDF file (providing the same font is installed on the server)
* The resolution and size of images can be specified
* Has the ability to embed a hyperlink when converting MS Word and MS PowerPoint to PDF
* Will retain bookmarks when converting MS Word documents
* Can now convert text files to PDF
Conversion to SVG
* Generates an SVG file from an MS Office document or image. This means you can now display documents or images on a cellular phone equipped with an SVG viewer.
* Converts to SVG 1.1, SVC Basic, SVG Tiny and will also support conversions to SVGZ
* Fonts can be embedded into an SVG file provided the font is installed on the server
* Images can either be embedded into an SVG file or be external files linked from an SVG file
* Multipage documents can be split or selected individually before outputting
* Your converted SVG can be displayed on your cellular phone or any other device that has the ability to view SVG Basic or SVG Tiny
* Can now convert text files to SVG
Conversion to JPEG/PNG (Windows Version)
* Generates JPEG/PNG thumbnails suitable for a visual library
* The output resolution can be specified from 50 to 500 dpi
* The reduction rate can be specified by either % value or pixel value
* Your output can be displayed on any piece equipment that can display JPEG or PNG
* Can now convert text files to JPEG/PNG
Available for Windows and Linux
Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter runs on the following environments:
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008 (32bit/X64)
Windows 10 (32bit/X64)
Windows 8.1 (32bit/X64)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux series
The Office Server Document Converter(OSDC) V6.1 Linux version is built with GCC 4.8.
To run OSDC V6.1 Linux verion, Runtime libraries must have the binary compatibility with libc.so.6(glibc-2.17), libstdc++.so.6.