Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter (OSDC), formerly named Server Based Converter, will convert your important documents created in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to high quality PDF or image formats that are easy to share and look accurate on any screen. It’s easy to use OSDC in any workflow, whether it is to convert your files on demand or in a batch operation at high speed.
OSDC is the favored solution of network application service providers due to the shortened development time. It is thread safe allowing concurrent access to the software and includes APIs for Java, .NET, COM, Command-line & C/C++.
Competing software rely heavily on MS Office and Adobe software to do their conversion, which significantly slows down conversion speed, adds to costs and limit the number and individual size of documents. OSDC uses its own creation engine, freeing you from those limits and additional costs. In production, OSDC has converted on average over 100 pages per second*.
With the newest release of Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter V6.1, we now support Microsoft Office 2016 conversions. It also supports bidirectional text (BIDI) and will correctly display right-to-left scripts such as Arabic or Hebrew. The MS Word conversion engine in V6.0 has been completely rewritten to ensure high-fidelity while maintaining the integrity of the original document when converting to PDF.
Note: SBC V6.0MR3 & OSDC V6.1 are the same for download purposes.
* Conversion of MS Office documents and RTF to PDF on a server
* No need for installation of MS Office or Adobe Software
* Fast, high volume Conversions
* Unlimited number of users, unlimited conversions per server
* Conversion of documents to JPEG/PNG/TIFF
* Direct Printer output
* Conversion of images and text to PDF, SVG 1.1/SVG Basic/SVG Tiny, JPEG/TIFF/PNG
* Conversion of PDF and MS Office documents to Adobe Flash format
* Conversion of password protected files
* Plus version adds CGM input
* Plus version adds XPS and INX output files
* Easy system integration: Command-line, .NET, COM, Java and C/C++ interfaces
* Available for Windows and Linux
* Conversion of Excel files by sheet
* Wide range of conversion capabilities
Conversion to PDF
* Generates a PDF file without requiring Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Office on your server
* Supports Adobe Acrobat versions 1.3 through 1.7
* A master password can be set to limit changes to the document
* You can use the same password as your Adobe Acrobat
* The font used in the original MS document can be embedded into the PDF file (providing the same font is installed on the server)
* The resolution and size of images can be specified
* Has the ability to embed a hyperlink when converting MS Word and MS PowerPoint to PDF
* Will retain bookmarks when converting MS Word documents
* Can now convert text files to PDF
Conversion to SVG
* Generates an SVG file from an MS Office document or image. This means you can now display documents or images on a cellular phone equipped with an SVG viewer.
* Converts to SVG 1.1, SVC Basic, SVG Tiny and will also support conversions to SVGZ
* Fonts can be embedded into an SVG file provided the font is installed on the server
* Images can either be embedded into an SVG file or be external files linked from an SVG file
* Multi-page documents can be split or individually selected for outputting
* Your converted SVG can be displayed on cellular phones or any other device that has the ability to view SVG Basic or SVG Tiny
* Can now convert text files to SVG
Conversion to JPEG/PNG (Windows Version)
* Generates JPEG/PNG thumbnails suitable for a visual library
* The output resolution can be specified from 50 to 500 dpi
* The reduction rate can be specified by either % value or pixel value
* Your output can be displayed on any piece equipment that can display JPEG or PNG
* Can now convert text files to JPEG/PNG
Available for Windows and Linux
Rainbow PDF Office Server Document Converter runs on the following environments:
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008 (32bit/X64)
Windows 10 (32bit/x64)
Windows 8.1 (32bit/x64)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux series
The Office Server Document Converter(OSDC) V6.1 Linux version is built with GCC 4.8.
To run OSDC V6.1 Linux verion, Runtime libraries must have the binary compatibility with libc.so.6(glibc-2.17), libstdc++.so.6（libstdc++.so.6.0.19.)