Web Interface for Office Server Document Converter (WIOSDC) allows users to access OSDC remotely. By using Web Interface for OSDC, a company will save time and money that would otherwise go towards developing their own interface. The benefits of using Web Interface for OSDC include:
- Simplified client access to Office Server Document Converter via the internet.
- Greatly reduced development time.
- Simplified support.
- Easily lets one Office Server Document Converter license be used for multiple applications.
Web Interface for Office Server Document Converter lets a client computer send a MS Office or image file to Office Server Document Converter and receive back a PDF document. It eliminates the need to undertake an expensive and complicated development effort. Web Interface for Office Server Document Converter includes Folder Monitoring Service which, will allow you to obtain the conversion result by simply throwing a target file into the specified folder and then will notify you when the conversion finishes.
[mytab name=”Product Highlights”]
*No need to develop an application for the server. The preparation for the server side is completed by installing the Server Program of Web Interface on the server where Office Server Document Converter is installed.
*The Client Program provides a binary that uses the same command line parameters as the Office Server Document Converter command line interface so the interface should be familiar to anyone that has used the Office Server Document Converter command line interface before. Example:
java -jar xds-osdc-client.jar -xds-host 10.1.10.23 -d input.docx -o output.pdf -x 4
*The Client Program handles the transmission of the documents to the server and the transmission of the results back to the client machine.
* By using the Folder Monitoring Service on the client side, Office Server Document Converter can be used more easily. The conversion result can be obtained simply by dropping a target file into the specified folder.
* By using -ssl option on Web Interface server and -xds-ssl option on Web Interface client, you can use SSL. And more, Web Interface folder monitor can use SSL and also STARTTLS on sending e-mails.
* The Server and Client Programs are written in Java and allow cross-platform communication.
[mytab name=”System Requirements”]
Available for Windows and Linux
Windows clients can connect to Linux servers and Linux clients can also connect to Windows servers. Rainbow PDF Web Interface for Office Server Document Converter runs on the following environments:
Windows Server 2008 (32bit/X64)
Windows 7 (32bit/X64)
Windows 8.1 (32bit/X64)
Windows 10 (32bit/X64)
Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition
Windows Server 2012 x64 Edition
Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Edition
Windows Server 2016 x64 Edition
Linux 64-bit and 32-bit versions
The Web Interface for Office Server Document Converter(OSDC) V6.1 Linux version is built with GCC 4.8.
To run WIOSDC Linux version, Runtime libraries must have the binary compatibility with libc.so.6(glibc-2.17), libstdc++.so.6（libstdc++.so.6.0.19.)
- This software can be used in combination with Office Server Document Converter V6.1 or greater. If you are using Office Server Document Converter earlier than V6.1, please upgrade Office Server Document Converter.
- The minimum Java version is 1.8.
- The Linux version of the Folder Monitoring Service also needs to have the fuser application available and in the environment's execution path.
- There is no need to install Office Server Document Converter client side.
- The license of Web Interface is issued in combination with the Office Server Document Converter server license. It is not possible to use Web Interface with Office Server Document Converter that is not combined with Web Interface when the license is issued.